Simplyhealth Great North Run
Join us in Newcastle for the largest half-marathon in the World!
The Great North run participants will run the course from the iconic Tyne bridge and finish by the sea in South Shields. This an unforgettable course with beautiful sea views, it provides a fantastic community atmosphere as you run alongside 55,000 participants.
Young people need our support more than ever. Schools may be open, but the case of educational inequality is far from closed. Sign up and make a difference today.
How to Enter
There is a £25 registration fee per place. We ask that you commit to raising £350 for Teach First.
If you have your place in this event, you can still run for Team Teach First. Email us to let us know and we will send you your running kit. There is no minimum fundraising target if you have your place – please just fundraise what you can! We would love to have you on our team.
Why join Team Teach First
The UK’s poorest children have always had to work harder to keep up with their wealthier peers at school. COVID-19 has made it worse. All children have big dreams. But not every child gets the chance to make them a reality.
We know that when we get the foundations right for disadvantaged pupils – great teachers, brilliant leaders and thriving schools – all young people can have the opportunities they deserve.
- Great teachers - We recruit talented people to become teachers and place them in the schools that need them most.
- Brilliant leaders - We develop strong leaders, so schools can create lasting change at every level.
- Thriving schools - We help schools to build a thriving community, with supportive networks and positive government policy.
By fundraising for Teach First, you can help build a fair education for all and put an end to wasted potential.
Run with us and we'll provide:
- a Teach First technical running vest
- a training plan
- our fundraising pack full of ideas
- dedicated support from our Events Team to prepare for your challenge and smash your fundraising target
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 3862 8013.
We understand COVID-19 may cause some uncertainty around events being postponed or cancelled. We’re working closely with all the third party organisations involved and will update this webpage if and when details change. If you’ve already registered for one of our events, you should hear directly from the event organisers