Leadership options for Training Programme trainees
On our fully funded teacher training programme, you don’t just train to teach. You train to lead.
Experience world-class leadership development
- We've been ranked in the Times Top 100 top 10 graduate employers for more than 10 years.
- Get high-quality training and support throughout your two years on the programme.
- Our trainees are more than seven times more likely to progress to senior leadership early in their career – many do this with the support of our suite of in-school leadership programmes.
- Earn a salary as you train, with real responsibility from day one.
- Join a network of 15,000 trainees, teachers, leaders and ambassadors committed to supporting disadvantaged pupils.
- We partner with a range of organisations that are as committed to supporting all pupils to get the education they deserve. Many of our partners give our trainees the opportunity to hone their leadership skills with them during the summer holidays.
Our ambassadors go on to do big things
Over 60% of our ambassadors (past trainees) still work in school, 83 of whom are now headteachers and 416 are in senior leadership roles.
Many have also gone on to leave the classroom but continue to support the Teach First mission from a range of different positions.
We have ambassadors in business, government and working in other non-profit organisations as well as many who have started their own social enterprises.
Not looking for a leadership route?
As an alternative to our Training Programme, you can also train to teach in a school near you on our one-year unsalaried teacher training. Compare our teacher training options.
More about the Training Programme
- What you could earn
- Eligibility requirements
- Where in the country you could teach
- What happens on the Training Programme
- How our trainees become leaders