6 reasons to do an NPQ with Teach First - according to our candidates
Don't take our word for why you should choose to do an NPQ with us. Here's what our candidates have to say.
1. Our programme members share our values
Teach First’s mission is important to many of our programme members. As an educational charity, we’re committed to supporting schools working with pupils in the most disadvantaged communities.
- “I feel that Teach First fits with the ethos and values of the school in which I teach. I particularly like that Teach First works with schools from disadvantaged areas to help the children to achieve their very best and feel this course is best suited to developing my role as a leader in the context of my school.”
- “Teach First comes highly recommended and I have always liked the fact that as a charity Teach First supports the learning of all students, but particularly those from low-income backgrounds. It is important to me that I am able to make a difference in my classroom and school, and I know I can do this by working with Teach First.”
- “I thoroughly relate to your mission statement as it reflects my own principles which motivated me to become a teacher. I understand the importance of working in schools with an Income Deprivation Affecting Children Index (IDACI) of 40% or greater. Coming from a deprived background myself, I thoroughly understand why these schools need outstanding and innovative teachers, with a strong commitment to continual professional development, and I believe Teach First delivers this.”
2. We provide high-quality training
Our NPQ programmes have been developed with the input of education experts and school leaders. Our highly rated leadership training is built around the latest research and best practice to make a real, long-term impact in your school.
- “Teach First have an outstanding reputation for excellent training. My school is a Teach First partner and so I am aware of the quality of training and support I will receive.”
- “The school I am currently working in has a member of staff who is completing her QTS through Teach First. The quality of training she has received has been outstanding and I would also like to benefit from the same level of training as I develop as a leader.”
- “Teach First has a very good reputation across the teaching community, and I can trust that the content of the course will be of good quality.”
3. Our delivery is flexible to your needs
Designed with busy teachers in mind, our programmes fit around your schedule and prior knowledge. Most of the learning opportunities can be accessed online and at a time that works for you.
- “The course content and structure of the Teach First programme appealed to me. It offers flexible training with expert support. It looks at each school's unique situation and offers fit-for-purpose guidance.”
- “It appealed to me because of the fact that most of the training is online meaning I can stay committed to my role in school as well as carrying out the training. This will allow me to apply the training in practice as I am receiving it."
- “I was attracted to being able to tailor the content and project work to fit with the needs of my school as well as my own development needs as a leader.”
4. There’s great support available every step of the way
Our programme members highly rate the support they receive throughout the programme. If you work in a school serving disadvantaged communities, you may be eligible to apply for Teach First’s additional free one-to-one support which runs along your NPQ of choice.
- “Other teachers within my school have recently completed their NPQ with Teach First and have spoken highly of the support given throughout.”
- “Teach First has provided our school with two outstanding teachers through the training programme. The level of support and challenge provided by Teach First staff has been commendable.”
- “We have three Teach First early career teachers working at our school and I have seen the first-class support they receive. The programme content is exactly what I am looking for in the NPQSL and I feel that both myself and my school will benefit from my participation in the programme.”
5. We’re recommended by teachers
We consistently receive excellent feedback from programme members on our NPQs. Many of our trainee teachers also recommend their experience to colleagues at their schools.
- “All of my colleagues have used Teach First for their NPQ and I have heard a lot of positive feedback about it.”
- “I have had only positive feedback from various people. I work with a Teach First person and I can clearly see a difference in the way she teaches and how she approaches teaching. It is unique and innovative, wish I had my training from you.”
- “I have colleagues that are currently completing the NPQSL course or have completed it already who speak highly of the Teach First programme.”
6. We’re a trusted NPQ provider
We have been an accredited NPQ provider for several years and have a strong and proven track record in leadership development programmes.
- “I wanted to ensure that I was working with a provider that had a good reputation.”
- “I know Teach First have a proven track record for creating strong leaders.”
- “Very positive word of mouth about the personal touch to the courses.”
- "The reputation of Teach First as being the best provider for teacher training has been confirmed by multiple colleagues’ experiences."
Learn more about how a Teach First NPQ can make a difference to your pupils, help you tackle improvement priorities in your school and strengthen your own leadership skills.