The Virtual TCS London Marathon
Be one of 100,000 runners taking on the Virgin Money London Marathon and help raise funds for Teach First - putting an end to wasted potential.
More than 1 million people have now completed the London Marathon since 1981 with 80,000 people last year alone taking on the virtual London Marathon. Want to join them?
Whether you’re a seasoned marathon runner aiming for a new personal best, or a novice looking for your next big challenge, this is your chance to join #TeamTeachFirst and run your marathon, your way.
How to Enter
Virtual London Marathon charity place
Registration costs £15 and we ask all charity place runners to aim for a £500 fundraising target.
The format of the event couldn’t be simpler. As long as you start and finish between 00:00 and 23:59 on Sunday 2 October 2022, you can break your virtual marathon up into as many sessions as you like by using the pause functionality on the virtual London Marathon app.
Just because you’re running virtually doesn’t mean you’re running alone. We’re here to support you every step of the way. With your help, we’ll get more great teachers into schools to make a lasting difference to young people.
Already got a ballot place? Join Team Teach First
If you’re lucky enough to already have your place in either the virtual or in-person London Marathon events, we’d love you to join #TeamTeachFirst.
As an own place runner, there’s no joining fee or fundraising target and you get all the same benefits and support from Teach First. We only ask you to get stuck in and fundraise as much as you can to help put an end to wasted potential.
Why Join Team Teach First
Imagine if the London Marathon route had hurdles. Well, that’s exactly what education feels like for the poorest schoolchildren.
The UK’s poorest children have always had more hurdles to overcome than their wealthier peers. Your support can help tear down hurdles and unlock the potential in the country’s poorest schoolchildren.
- £50 could contribute towards training a teacher to deliver careers guidance to pupils in schools serving disadvantaged communities.
- £500 could contribute towards bespoke training to a cohort of teachers on our Leading Together programme, supporting school leaders to transform their whole school.
- £2000 could cover a full year’s training and support for one teacher on our Training Programme, working to support 150 pupils from low-income backgrounds.
By running for Teach First, you’ll be running to achieve the results we all want to see: every child reaching their potential. In the classroom, in work, and in life.
When you join #TeamTeachFirst you’ll get:
- A Teach First technical running vest
- A training plan
- Our fundraising pack full of ideas
- Dedicated support from our Events Team to prepare for your challenge, help you smash your fundraising target and see you over the finish line.
We understand COVID-19 may cause some uncertainty around events being postponed or cancelled. We’re working closely with all the third party organisations involved and will update this webpage if and when details change. If you’ve already registered for one of our events, you should hear directly from the event organisers.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 3862 8013.